Be a Buddy. Never Be Alone.
Would you like to talk with someone who was also diagnosed with cancer? Someone who had a particular type of cancer treatment at Beijing United Family Hospital and New Hope Oncology Center?
In the life-changing journey of cancer diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, you should never travel alone.
The New Hope Buddy Program can put you in touch with people or their family members who have also been diagnosed with cancer and have been through or are going through cancer treatment. For many, connecting with someone who has been in a similar situation can make a notable difference.
The peer-to-peer buddies are available to:
- Share their own personal experiences
- Share practical information and resources
- Provide understanding and support
- Lend a hand on how to cope with side effects, how to manage emotions, how to maintain relationships with loved ones during difficult times, how to restore a normal life after treatment, among others.
You will be matched with your buddy based on:
- Type of cancer
- Stage of diagnosis
- Primary needs and concerns
To become a buddy
Either as a volunteer or to match with a volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 18701620870. Please provide your MRN at Beijing United Family Hospital and outline your needs in relation to our Buddy Program.