Our da Vinci® Si Surgical System
Beijing United Family Hospital is the first private healthcare institution in China to employ the da Vinci® Surgical System from the American company Intuitive Surgical.
What is the da Vinci Surgical System?
Today minimally invasive surgery through hysteroscopy has become the choice of many doctors, offering patients smaller incisions and faster recovery rates when compared with traditional open surgery. The da Vinci Surgical System is the next generation of minimally invasive surgery, utilizing state-of-the-art technology to enable surgeons to operate with the most sophisticated robotic platform in existence. The da Vinci System can be used for the most elaborate surgeries and complicated cases, as well as to treat a wider range of diseases.
Patients undergoing elective surgery at Beijing United Family Hospital and Clinics may now choose the da Vinci System for a surgery experience with even fewer side effects and risk of complications.
With the da Vinci Surgery System, surgeons only need to make several small incisions which leave less pain, bleeding, and offer a quicker recovery. The system’s endoscope enables surgeons to operate within a three-dimensional, high definition surgical field, magnified 20 times to maximize precision. The ultra-flexible, 360 degree range of motion and fine motor control of the robotic arms gives surgeons unparalleled operating ability where human hands cannot reach. In addition, the da Vinci System features a stabilizer, which provides unrivalled accuracy and stability during surgery. The platform’s advanced design and real-time monitoring system ensures the safety of patients, provides greater results, and minimizes the chance of surgical error.
Our professional team of world-class surgeons are experienced treating surgeries in many fields, including urology, pediatric, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, gastrointestinal, cardiothoracic, and gynecology with the da Vinci Surgery System. Diseases requiring minimally invasive procedures are more suitable for the use of the da Vinci System.
Specific indications for minimally invasive surgery:
- Urology: benign and malignant tumors of prostate, kidney, bladder, and more.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: stones and tumors of the liver and gallbladder, as well as tumors of pancreas and dodecadactylon.
- Gastrointestinal surgery: common, benign, and malignant tumors such as stomach cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Gynecology: hysteromyoma, benign and malignant tumors of uterus and uterine accessories.
- Cardiovascular surgery: coronary atherosclerotic heart, congenital heart disease, and cardiac valve replacement.
- Thoracic surgery: lung cancer, mediastinal tumor, and esophageal cancer.
- Pediatric surgery: common diseases in general surgery and urology.
To make an appointment or for more information, please call our 24hr Service Center at 4008-919191.